Thursday, March 20, 2014

Cricut Explore Birthday Card

I can't believe that my birthday is in a couple of days. I use to be so depress about my birthday especially when I was approaching 30.  However, with so many people leaving this world at young ages, I am grateful to be alive and to see the age of 33.  I have been reflecting on my past 33 years and I can say that I have made a lot of bad choices.  However, without those bad choices, I would not be the woman I am today.  As long as my mom can look back at me and be proud of the job she did raising me, then I am happy.

Now that I have that off my chest, let's talk about the card.  I used the explosion birthday card make it now project in the Design Space to create this card.  I love this card!  This is the first card I made using the scoring stylus.  I used some SU! card stock for the base and inside layer.  My only recommendation would be that when using thicker card stock and the scoring stylus, you may want to go back over the score line.

I decided to pop up the happy birthday burst.  The sentiment was written with the Cricut Silver Metallic Pen. I love this feature of the Cricut Explore.  The ability to create your own sentiments is fantastic!


This is all for today! See you again tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Darling Card!! Happy Almost Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the explosion. Great card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow cool card! Happy Birthday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Very artsy!!! Like a burst of color. So cool!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy almost birthday Candice. I wish I was only 33. lol I'm 21 years older than you and boy 33 sounds really good. I loved my 30's-I new more than in my 20's and I still felt wonderful. Enjoy your 30's, they are awesome. I love your card! It is so cool looking.

    ReplyDelete